Sunday, February 18, 2024

Steven Novella: The Skeptics' Guide to the Future: What Yesterday's Science and Science Fiction Tell Us About the World of Tomorrow

A book by the presenters of my favorite podcast examines the present state of science and technology and looks at what kind of technologies we could realistically look forward to while considering the limiting factors of the laws of nature. The book was clear and well-written, although I most likely wasn’t someone who the book was targeted for. As I do follow the podcast, and read science news (and fiction) avidly, there was little I didn’t already know. Therefore, it was almost a chore to read. While I would recommend this book to a smart high-schooler, for someone with a good knowledge of science and technology, there really isn’t much more to learn.  

432 pp. 


 

No comments: